Saturday 28 April 2018

Needlecraft

As promised, I am back today with something not made from paper - shock, horror

A few weeks ago I went to the Exeter Craft show with my good friends Gillian and Sue, both of whom were looking for knitting/crochet supplies

I went for papercraft supplies

But, like when you take a trip to Sainsburys for a pint of milk and come out with a barrowful, I went in for card and ink and came out with bags full of much more than just card and ink !

I am NOT a knitter, nor am I a needleworker, and yet I came home with balls of wool and a pattern, and a needlework kit !

This gorgeous little bookmark was always intended to be a gift for my mum. I was going to save it for christmas but decided to send it early when she was under the weather.



The bookmark was made using a kit from Sue Hawkins ( who very kindly said, even me, a complete novice would be capable of finishing this dinky little project )

I am not going to lie, I did have to concentrate, I did have to make sure the light was good ( so many teeny tiny stitches ) and I did take about a week to complete it

But, I loved doing it, maybe it was because it was for mum and maybe it was because it was something completely out of my usual repertoire and therefore a challenge

But one thing for sure was the wonderful kit made it almost idiot proof

Sue does an excellent job of photographing all the steps, there are lots of handy tips and tricks, incredibly thorough instructions and easy to follow charts

If I can do it, then anyone can do it !


Both ends are created the same, the top one being finished flat and the bottom one being humbug shaped

You can find Sue's website HERE

Love and little stitches

Tracey
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for stopping by, if you care to leave a comment, that would be appreciated too xxx