Monday 28 November 2016

Deacon Blue


Warning : this is a long, non-crafting post

Saturday 19th November 2016

On the friday Neil asked me if I would like to do a little Christmas shopping in Plymouth

I love Plymouth so it was a given that I would say yes

We set off early to make the most of the day

We wandered around all the shops and made a few small purchases, the Holland and Barrett in Plymouth is fantastic and we were finally able to find Amy and Ben's vegan advent calendars. We spent most of our time inside Drake Circus but also ventured out into the radiating shopping streets.


We enjoyed a spot of lunch at Yo Sushi ( love their Katsu curry!), and it was here that Neil told me he had a little surprise, he had bought tickets to see Plymouth Argyle play our home town Grimsby.

We headed back to the car to drop of our shopping and pick up our warmer clothing (yes he had even thought ahead and secretly packed our winter coats, gloves and scarves in the back of the car )

It was my first ever trip to Plymouth Argyle, Neil has been with the boys several times and likes to support them when he can

It was bitter sweet match, Plymouth really didn't give it their best and were disappointing in their lack of effort to be honest, but Grimsby won 3-0 and I felt pretty pleased for them, they definitely deserved to win, their fans made a massive amount of noise and I couldn't help but feel proud along with them

And boy was I glad that Neil had brought my warm clothes, it rained steadily heavier and heavier as Plymouth caught the tail end of storm Angus


We caught the bus back to town, as the rain and wind just get heavier and heavier, we ended up diving into the nearest bar to seek refuge and to refuel

What a lucky break we got !

We ended up in Revolution, we have never been in one of these before but I can affirm it won't be our last time there

The staff were attentive, friendly and super helpful, very happy to accommodate my vegan needs.
The food was absolutely gorgeous and they even gave us an umbrella at the end of our meal so we wouldn't get so wet on the next leg of our little day out.


It was at Revolution that Neil let the last secret slip, he had bought tickets to see Deacon Blue and Plymouth Pavilions



The Pavilions were a two minute walk from Revolution, so we headed back out into the weather and braved the now deluge

It was worth it. Deacon Blue were amazing, they took me straight back thirty years, they haven't lost their charm or their sound and the whole place sang along to the classics.



We had awful weather, our football team lost, we got locked in the 24 hour car park by mistake and then some prat hit our car on the way home ( no damage to us or the car thank God), but it was honestly one of the best days out we have had in a very long time. Probably because I shared it with my best friend, the man who thinks of everything, gives unconditionally and can make me laugh in any situation

Thankyou Neil, I love you

Tracey
xxx

Disclaimer, all the above images are copied from google, I am not taking credit for any of them, I would have needed an underwater camera to get any decent photos !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for stopping by, if you care to leave a comment, that would be appreciated too xxx