Tuesday 19 December 2017

Hangin' around the christmas tree ...........

As promised here are the five wall - hangings I made for my friends at work

It was my way of saying thankyou for a lovely year of friendship, support and lots of laughs

This first one is for Sue

I chose colours to match her decor at home


Sue adores green, so I thought I would be safe with this one

The poinsettia is a Marianne die

The ovals are Stampin' Up

Ivy punch is Woodware, as is the small daisy

Small flower is Stampin' Up as are both sheets of the green paper ( stripes and trees)


This next one is for Margaret who likes bright fun colours


Punches as before
Little wooden christmas trees are from a couple of years ago and were bought in The Works


This next one was for my neighbours Mary and Colin



I made this silver snowflake hanging for Gillian at work


Most of the snowflakes were die cuts my lovely friend back in Healing gave me - thanks Trish


And finally this last one was for Janice, who mans the till and has endless patience with me when I try to use it


Another Marianne die for the branches, glitter paper and bauble punch from Stampin' Up


And in case anyone is wondering, the actual circles for the hangings are upcycled from old CD's

The CD's are covered in patterned paper ( I use a Pritt Stick to attach the paper ), once the glue is dry, cut around the CD with your craft knife, then repeat for the back

The holes required for threading the twine/ribbon to hang are made using my trusty Cropodile

I will be back tomorrow with another batch of  Christmas cards 

Love and friendship

Tracey
xxx

3 comments:

  1. These wall hangings are beautiful, love them all they are unique x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful makes for your work colleges Tracey, great idea with wonderful decorations, these will be treasured for years to come.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a masterclass in how these SHOULD be done. I remember with shame my unfinished effort from when we did CD hangings at RWS. I feel inspired to try again x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for stopping by, if you care to leave a comment, that would be appreciated too xxx