Wednesday 21 October 2015

Shades of autumn

There has been a definite nip in the air today and the skies have been a little gloomy, Cornwall is sitting under grey clouds laden with impending rain

Definitely a day to cosy up at home and potter

I have been saving glass vases of all shapes and sizes with a mind to utilise them in seasonal decorating, little vignettes with a subtle nod to the time of year

I have been lucky to come across a few at work, where I also found this cute little Gisela Graham frame

And so with autumn in mind, aromas of cinnamon and vanilla wafting from the pot pourri, I set to work


The vases were a little grubby but a good wash with fairy liquid and a dash of vinegar had them sparkling once again, I halved the pot pourri ( bought from our local 'The Range' which is a five minute drive from our house) and distributed between the two vases


The round vase sits on my dining table, with my napkin holder, on top of my cotton and lace table runner (from TK Maxx)


The taller more oval vase sits in one corner of my kitchen, along with the frame


I printed some word art onto a piece of scrapbook paper using photoshop to position and vary the fonts


A very pleasant way to while away an hour

Love and little vignettes

Tracey
xxx

1 comment:

  1. beautiful displays - seems your mojo's not gone AWOL, it's just on walkabout in a different direction.
    love and hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for stopping by, if you care to leave a comment, that would be appreciated too xxx